Do you prefer gaming on a phone or tablet?

johnnywhatnow
Developer
edited Jan 2015
Mobile gaming can be casual, sure, but I'm guessing you all have your own preferences for how you like to get your mobile gaming done.

Do you like gaming on a phone or a tablet? If it's both, tell us why in the comments!

Do you prefer gaming on a phone or tablet? 27 votes

Phone
29%
dezboiGr33nEggsNSpamJJSoradjibPreacherPhilGraves512namacouraionStarReeve 8 votes
Tablet
48%
TheWizardAmusingGraceKaydeJackonzKahtOwensikarusWingzCoopedeVillestebuufrmorrisonG4zSIMooWallistonRatman155 13 votes
Both
22%
johnnywhatnowLicederMKiaraIluvatarEnder82SurenSeropian 6 votes

Comments

• LicederM
    Both
    Would find that it depends on the game as something like a dual stick shooter work better on a phone where as a lot mobile games controls don't transfer well to tablets. But personally I find I use a tablet more probably mostly because it's better then my phone spec wise so gives a smoother experience most of the time.
  • johnnywhatnow
    Developer
    Both
    ^ I'm with you there. There are certain games that I love playing on the phone just because I can do it with one hand, listen to my music and start/stop play sessions quickly. Those same games I doubt I'd ever play on a tablet because I prefer to use it for more engrossing games. Quick example would be Threes on my phone and Monument Valley or Device 6 on my tablet.
  • ikarusWingz
    Tablet
    I've an iPhone 6 and an iPad Mini (the original).

I prefer playing, racing, FPS, etc, on my iPad. With its larger screen I can see better and my thumbs don't get in the way of seeing the action. But...any of the FPS that use the Unreal engine tend to crash my iPad (talking to you Bioshock).

My iPhone 6 plays all the games smoothly and it's way cool that I can play anywhere since I always have it with me.
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    Tablet
    So are you finding that you play less on tablet bc of your 6?
  • PhilGraves512
    Phone
    These days I only play mobile games on my phone. I always have my phone with me, and my iPad mini doesn't get pulled out much anymore... it just sits on the shelf. If I'm not on my phone I'm playing on my PS4 or PC.
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    Tablet
    @PhilGraves512 Is it an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?
  • PhilGraves512
    Phone
    iPhone 5S is still my day to day phone. I have an iPhone 6 at work for testing purposes.
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    Tablet
    ah, nice. I was thinking maybe the 6 or 6+ was leading to a decline in your iPad habits...
  • PhilGraves512
    Phone
    Nah, I like the lil phones. I'd buy an iPhone 4S sized phone if Apple made another.
  • Ender82
    Both
    Your game is optimized for iPad, my old eyes can't play it very well on my iphone 4S. Of course my skill level is sub-par but at least I can see what's attacking me.

Killer game by the way, Kudos.