Midnight Star game Stuck at Loading Configuration

Devlinpc
Installed game on Iphone 5 and ipad (1rst generation) and on both devices the game doesn't load, it gives the screen Establishing Connection with Military sciences... Loading Configuration, after 20 minutes of waiting still nothing happens
nothing running in the background on these devices, rebooted the devices and tried the game again and still same issue
can anything be done for this?

Comments

• Cstafford2008
    Exactly the same here, except iPhone 5s, tried letting it run for about an hour, then rebooted a few times, reinstalled and rebooted again, aswel as restarting the game a few times and waiting for another hour, still the same. Really want a go on it aswel, any help greatly appreciated.
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    Hey guys-- are either of you on jailbroken devices? We're working on a fix for this right now...
  • Devlinpc
    Hi TheWizard, Ipad is jailbroken but Iphone isn't
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    @Devlinpc Try going into airport mode on the iphone and launch the app and tell me what happens.
  • Devlinpc
    @TheWizard tried it on both devices and still stuck at Loading Configuration for 10 minutes and nothing else happens
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    @Devlinpc Did you force quit the app prior to launching it again?
  • Devlinpc
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    @Devlinpc OK, I know this is a big ask, but this is really helpful for us-- can you totally uninstall the app and then reinstall it, go in airplane mode on the non-jailbroken device and try once more? (and let me know what happens)
  • Devlinpc
    @TheWizard ok removed the app, restarted the iPhone, installed the app, went to airplane mode and launched the game and still same issue
  • Cstafford2008
    Yes iPhone 5s is jailbroke, thanks for your help, greatly appreciated
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    @Cstafford2008 No worries-- and stay tuned for an update on jb devices.
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    @Devlinpc @Cstafford2008 Guys, we just released a fix for the jailbreak issue. Let me know if you get version 1.0.49464 and how it works for you getting in!
  • WarlordSmoke
    Hi,

I had the same issue (stuck on loading configuration) on a jailbroken iPad Air2. I can confirm that the new version is now loading correctly and I can play the game.

Thank you for the quick fix.
  • Cstafford2008
    Good job guys, working perfect now, thank you all, GREATLY appreciated,
  • steakbacon
    Developer
    Glad it's working - rock on!
  • Devlinpc
    Sorry for the late response, I've tried it on my Ipad and it's working now, thank you so much
  • curtneedsaride
    Hey Cstafford2008 I'm on a JB 5S too using iOS 7.0.6 and on version 1.0.49464 of the game but I just get a quick black screen and then the app crashes. Not sure why it won't load for me. Do you have iFile, iCleaner, or Safari Downloader? And what iOS are you on? Thanks for the info! I just wanna get it running on my phone.
  • Cstafford2008
    Running 8.1 mate, Iv got ifile and possibly safari downloader installed, have u got localiap store or alternatives turned on maybe? U tried respringin, force app closing, restarting ur Fone or reinstalling the game?
  • curtneedsaride
    edited Feb 2015
    Don't have localiap store or alternatives installed. I've resprung, forced closed, restarted, redownloaded... I'm wondering if it's just because I'm still on iOS 7 and jailbroken, though I haven't had problems with other games and it's running fine on non-JB iPad. I'll try deleting and reinstalling, hard resetting, and firing it up. Thanks for responding, though!
  • curtneedsaride
    Tried again, and no luck. Next, I'm going to delete it and install from iTunes. But there's got to be just one little thing preventing the app from loading. I can go into the app's file system and play the opening videos, but I just don't know what else it could be. I guess I might be out of luck until I decide to update and JB again. (Only hesitation is losing functionality on a lot of other apps/games)
  • Cstafford2008
    my guess would be cos ur stil on iOS 7 JB, maybe @steakbacon could advise if the team are possibly working on a fix? Always happy to help anyway I can. Peace
  • Cstafford2008
    @curtneedsaride also I don't think iOS 8.1.3 has a jailbreak at the mo, so be careful if u wana keep your jb.
  • steakbacon
    Developer
    We looked into this, but unfortunately we were unable to repro it here in the office. Based on the crash report it appears to be happening deep in iOS memory. Only thing we could think to try would be to reset the device and re-jb and see if it works. I know that's a major hassle. We'll keep our eye on this but we are thin on leads at the moment.
  • curtneedsaride
    Thanks so much for spending any time trying to help. That's awesome of you guys. Yeah, I got an old app to crash in all of my testing, and the only similarity in the reports I noticed was that "Foundation" was always in the thread that had the crash. But I have no coding experience, so not sure if that would help at all. Appreciate the work. Who knows, maybe the next update will magically start working!