Server issues

samgunn
There seems to be an awful lot of server problems. Fifty percent of the time I log in I am greeted with the news that the game is unable to connect to Cloud Server or that the Server is not responding. Are you aware of this? Is it just growing pains? Are you looking into it? I have checked all connections on my end and they are good.

Comments

• steakbacon
    Developer
    Thanks for the report samgunn - we'll post server news up in the forum if we discover anything.
  • samgunn
    Thanks, steakbacon. I'm really enjoying the game, btw.
  • steakbacon
    Developer
    Thanks! Initial checks show the servers are up. If you don't mind sharing - what region are you connecting from (country/state) and are you on wi-fi or cell? Thx - we are looking deeper.
  • samgunn
    I am in Scotland. Connecting via wi-fi with a full signal and a 40meg connection at the router.
    Thx.
  • iambrentiam
    Developer
    Hi

Can you download "Ping - network reachability test" from the app store?

Then enter "prod-mstar.industrialtoys.com" and hit go. Let it run for 8 iterations or so and then send me the screen shot.

Thanks!
  • samgunn
    I am trying to add screenshots but they just show up a "?"s to me. Anyhow, just so as I'm clear, I can connect half the time and anything I've done whilst the cloud server issue is acting up gets updated to my profile when it reconnects. Thx for taking a look.
  • iambrentiam
    Developer
    Thanks! Those ping times all look fine. I am glad that this is not too big of a problem for you but we would definitely like you to be able to connect all of the time. :) We will keep working on this on our end.
  • iambrentiam
    Developer
    One suggestion that came up was to try force quitting the app or restarting your device. You can force quit the app by double tapping the home button and then swiping up on the the Midnight Star screen. You can restart the device by pressing and holding the power button. Let us know how it goes.
  • samgunn
    Will do. I appreciate your time spent on this. All the best to you.