Midnight Rises Account Link Fails

jingers
I first downloaded and played Midnight Star and created an account (jingersoll) linked to Facebook. I then downloaded and opened Midnight Rises. It asks: "You are logged into Midnight Star as jingersoll. Would you like to use that account with Midnight Rises?"

Answering this prompt with "yes" results in: "To create an account you must choose a screen name." Which is odd since its trying to link an existing account...

If I put in my existing account name, the app complains about it not being available. If I put in a new account name, I get: "An error has occurred"

iPhone 5s, fully updated OS. Restarting the app or the phone doesn't fix it.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• wintermoot
    I have this exact same issue on
    my account 'moot'. I also linked with Facebook.
  • steakbacon
    Developer
    Hey guys - we are looking into this right now. Will post when we have it tracked down.
    -
  • steakbacon
    Developer
    Hey guys - thanks for the tip here, unfortunately we did discover an issue that can sometimes prevent facebook logins from connecting across the apps. The only workaround we have right now, if that's happened, is to switch to an email login. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • MrBelm
    How does that help us if we have already been playing with the Facebook login? Do we have to start all over again?
  • steakbacon
    Developer
    I can help you add an email to your existing M* acct so you don't have to start over in the game.
  • Asdfasdf1234
    How can we link an email to an existing Facebook-linked account? FYI I had trouble even being able to sign into these forums with this dummy account - I could sign into the main site but I was not able to post here. Took about five retries before I could. I'll PM you my M* name. Thanks
  • jonrobfred2
    I am also having the same issue. How do I link the e-mail addresses to my Facebook account so that I may enjoy both apps at once and get the benefits? I can send any necessary information on request. My in Game name is JonRobFred

With Appreciation,
    Jon, Rob, and sometimes Fred
  • steakbacon
    Developer
    If you PM me your email I will link it up.
  • Asdfasdf1234
    Thanks for fixing that up.
  • steakbacon
    Developer
    Hey folks - we have a fix for this planned for the next update of Rises. If anyone needs their account linked to email in the meantime, please open the preferences page in-game and tap the "Report An Issue" button and make the request through the issue page.

Attached is a pic showing where to find the Report An Issue button. In short, open your profile and tap the gear icon. So for the extra step here but it will make the request more secure.