Liftoff!

johnnywhatnow
Developer
edited Feb 2015
UPDATE: Registration for Liftoff! has CLOSED. Be sure to keep track of the action on our Standings Page and good luck to the competitors!

• • • • •

On February 9th, the Liftoff! Event begins!

If you haven’t done so already, download and install Midnight Star for free on the iTunes App Store cause stuff’s about to go DOWN. In honor the game’s release, we will be hosting our first worldwide Event! Sign up, dominate the competition, win prizes and go down in history as the 1st (worldwide) M* event champion.

Details:
  • Enter the email associated with your Midnight Star account. If you registered using Facebook, enter your username.
  • When February 9th hits, you will be automatically placed in the 1st of 3 rounds of a bracketed tournament Challenge.
  • The top 5 players in each bracket will move on to the 2nd round.
  • The top 2 players from each 2nd round bracket will move on to the finals.
  • The top 3 players in the FINALS will win a TON of Catalyst (1st: 5000, 2nd: 2500, 3rd: 1000), and we’re also going to send over our launch poster signed by artist Mike Choi himself!
Check back for brackets, results and updates!

• • • • •

NOTE: Players who do not post a score will not move onto the next round of the Tournament.

Comments

• johnnywhatnow
    Developer
    edited Feb 2015
    LIFTOFF! is on and Round One has begun. Competitors have 3 days and 3 attempts. Only the Top 5 in each bracket advance.

ROUND ONE
    Take That Hill
    High Score

PRO OPTIONS:
    Player
    [] Max Item Level = 5

Enemy
    [] Attack Frequency = Slowest
    [] Spawn Distribution = Weakest
    [] Health = - 50%
    [] Damage = - 50%
    [] Accuracy = - 25%
    [] Bullet Properties = - 25%

(Yes, you are going to wreck their faces)

Godspeed!
  • Gr33nEggsNSpam
    GMSC Recruit
    "Wreck their faces" was an understatement there. Good Lord, did those faces implode so instantaneously. Nonetheless, I await my group to top that score I just posted :wink: Good Luck everyone in the tourny.
  • samgunn
    Question. After two tries I am currently 3rd in Bracket 5 with over 47k points but when I check the standings it shows no points whatsoever. What gives?
  • steakbacon
    Developer
    The standings page is on a ten minute refresh timer. My guess is it last updated while you were playing. Scores show as zero while you are taking a turn. When you got to the page to look it probably hadn't updated yet. Does it look correct now? I'll shorter the refresh timer a bit to help avoid that in the future.
  • samgunn
    Thanx. I see it now.
  • johnnywhatnow
    Developer
    LIFTOFF! Round Two has begun and the semi-finalists have 3 days and 3 attempts. Only the Top 2 in each bracket advance.

ROUND TWO
    Confirmed: Midnight
    Speed Run

PRO OPTIONS:
    Player
    [] Max Item Level = 5

Enemy
    [] Spawn Distribution = Weakest
    [] Health = - 50%

Again, they'll be weak, but nothing will stop them from attacking you-- that you'll have to take care of on your own ;)

Good luck!
  • johnnywhatnow
    Developer
    LIFTOFF! Round Three aka the FINAL ROUND has begun! Now players have 24 hours and 3 attempts. Top 3 win a signed Mike Choi poster as well as the enormous stack of loot.

1ST PLACE = 5000 Catalyst
    2ND PLACE = 2500 Catalyst
    3RD PLACE = 1000 Catalyst

FINAL ROUND
    Late To The Party
    High Score

PRO OPTIONS:
    Player
    [] Max Item Level = 5

Enemy
    [] Attack Frequency = Fast
    [] Spawn Distribution = Strong
    [] Health = 750%
    [] Damage = 750%

No more hand holding. This is the real deal so be sure to get some practice runs before you take an attempt.

Good luck everyone! You made it this far so you're all winners in my book.
  • johnnywhatnow
    Developer
    LIFTOFF! RESULTS:

1ST PLACE = @LicederM
    • Our first worldwide champion is Liceder! Staying a step ahead of the competition throughout the entire tournament with a final High Score of 64,128 wins him the title, the 5,000 Catalyst and a signed poster from Mike Choi! Congratulations!
    2ND PLACE = @Gr33nEggsNSpam
    • Taking the silver is Gr33nEggs! Rather than take an extra attempt to top Liceder's score, he sat comfortably in second place and played it safe to get him the kick ass poster and 2,500 Catalyst. Well done!
    3RD PLACE = @namacouraion
    • Not too far behind is nama with a score of 33,410 winning him a solid 1,000 Catalyst and poster from the one and only. Still needs to put in some work to get up to the top 2, but still miles ahead of the competition (especially in Speed Runs).
    Thank you to all of our competitors and another congratz to our Top 3. Expect an email later today with info on how to receive your Midnight Star poster and your Catalyst should hit any minute now :)

Feel free to check out our Standings Page for a full run down of the Tourney and stay tuned to our Events page for future competitions.