Reconnecting to MS Servers

djib
Hello,
I am playing MS during my commute by train (in France) and each time I loose my Internet Data connection (because of a tunnel for instance) and have it restored few seconds after (I know that it is restored as I can receive emails through 4G) I have to kill MS and start it again so that the restored internet connection will be used.
Any hints or plans to prevent this kill/restart of the game app?
Thx
Rgds

Comments

• TheWizard
    Developer
    Hi @djib - you should be able to play a mission and return to the joplin and sync up (look for the green box around your avatar) without restarting. Let me get you an answer on when the app tries to reconnect...
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    Yep, there's 2 instances when the app will change online/offlie states:

1. Whenever you return to the Joplin.
    2. If the OS notifies the app that there's a status change in the online state of the device.

Let me know if you're experiencing otherwise so we can hunt down the bug!
  • djib
    Hi @TheWizard,

Thank you for the details. I tried the past few days to be more focused on the chain of events, so here is what is happening:
    1) I start the game in an outside area, the iphone being connected (3G) to internet. At this stage, I can receive/send emails.
    2) I can then search and join a challenge so that the "Play" button is now displayed. I lock my phone.
    3) I go underground (for catching my train) so now I don't have anymore 3G connectivity, I only have Edge (2G), at most.
    4) Being underground, I unlock my phone and switch to the MS App. As I am still on the challenge screen, I can click on "Play". I click on play and the game begins.
    5) Being now in my train, playing MS, I finish my game session so I am back to the Joplin screen.
    6) My player icon is surrounded by a red square, meaning that no internet connection is detected.
    7) I now switch to my Email client on the Iphone and I can send/receive emails as the phone is now indicating a 3G or 4G internet connection.
    8) I switch back to MS but the player icon is still red.(despite the 3G/4G connection icon from the Iphone)
    9) I have to quit the app (kill it) and restart it to be able to use the connection.
    10) So I quit the app, restart the app and now MS can synchronize (sometimes it is soooo slow), and I can search and join a challenge...

Hope this helps,

Thx
  • TheWizard
    Developer
    Ah-- try one more step for me: after 8, play a mission-- even if you go into the mission and quit out back to the Joplin, you should be green again. Let me know if you don't get that and that will us hunt the bug!
  • djib
    Hey,
    So, right after step 8, I made another attempt at my challenge (somewhat equivalent to playing a mission I guess) and, guess what, after finishing this second attempt the game successfully reconnected to Internet and a synchronization was triggered (without quitting the app)
    Hope this helps,